Wedding season is in full swing and if you’re a summer bride looking to create a naturally gorgeous makeup look for yourself come the big day, then take note from the beautiful Jessica Biel. Read on to get the look…
1. The key to looking fresh-faced and fabulous, is to start with a good base. Get a flawless, glowing complexion by cleansing and moisturising the skin for a silky-smooth, clean surface surface.
2. Slather on Estee Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer to ensure your makeup lasts the distance during your bridal festivities. Not only will this silky formula tone down redness and even out your skin’s surface, but it will also help give you a hit of radiance for a lit-from-within glow. Apply to any textured areas on your face and make sure the primer is properly blended and absorbed into your skin before moving onto the next step.
3. Ace your base with an oil-free foundation from Laura Mercier in a shade that matches your exact skin tone and preferably with no SPF as this can reflect shine in photos and make your features look white and washed out. For sheer coverage, use a tinted moisturiser or BB cream instead.
4. Eliminate under-eye imperfections with a good camouflaging concealer such as Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit. The peach tones will help neutralise dark, purple shadows while the lighter shade will brighten up the eye area instantly. Tap (don’t drag!) the product into the skin until fully blended. You might also want to conceal any blemishes over the rest of your face with the same patting technique.
5. Add a touch of blush to the apples of your cheeks with Lancome’s Blush Subtil to help your features come alive. Lightly sweep a fluffy brush through the blush and then tap it to remove any excess dust. Next, apply to the apples of your cheeks and blend along the cheekbone.
6. Get wide-awake, ethereal peepers with a quality shadow like Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow. The gel texture will last longer than traditional powders and blend more seamlessly over the lid. With your fingertips, apply all over the eye from the inner corner and work outwards. For added drama, darken as desired by adding extra layers and don’t forget to opt for a neutral shade to avoid looking overdone.
7. Enhance your blinkers even further by lining the upper lid with Giorgio Armani Maestro Liquid Liner. A tip is to trace the shape you want with an eye pencil first then go over it with the liquid liner. Or you can create small, dotted lines across your lid and once you have the right shape, come back and fill in the open spaces.
8. Get long, luscious lashes with Shu Uemura’s Eyelash Curler. Clamp your lashes between the grip and press down several times. This will elongate your lashes and give them added curl, which will help the mascara apply better. Then, apply at least two to three coats of Dior Show Waterproof Mascara. Place the brush at the base of your lashes and wriggle from side to side, before flicking outwards at the very tip. If you think you’re going to be a gushing bride as opposed to a blushing bride, maybe avoid coating your bottom lashes.
9. Fill in any sparse areas on your brows using an angled brush and GloMinerals GlowBrow Powder Duo to define and enhance your arches.
10. Finish off your beautiful bridal look with a sumptuous pout. Reach for stay-put formula such as Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres Glossy Stain and choose a pinky-nude shade a la Jessica Biel which will balance out your natural makeup.
Now you’re the perfect blushing bride!