So after scrambling around in the dark the other night outside my apartment, I realised it was time to get my butt organised and establish a way of deciphering between each key… using nail polish!
I’ve amassed an endless supply of varnishes, but most I just don’t ever use. So this weekend I thought I’d utilise as many as possible with a little DIY session. I decided to paint each individual key a separate colour using my polishes to make all of my unlocking woes a little bit easier.
It’s easy, pretty and fun to do so I thought I’d share a few simple instructions of how you too can get organised.
HOW TO COLOUR CODE YOUR KEYS
1. Lay out a napkin or piece of newspaper to ensure you don’t spill any polish on the surface that you’re working from.
2. Wipe down the key using some water and a cotton bud to get rid of any dirt or grime.
3. Paint the top of each key a bright colour. 2 – 3 coats should do the trick.
4. Wait at least half an hour for each to dry.
5. Set with a top coat – just as you would your nails!
6. Make sure you keep a colour guide somewhere as a reference if you ever forget what each key is for!
That’s it! Now you have a set of colour coded keys so you’ll never have to waste time fumbling around in your bag for the right one. You can even add a layer of glitter over the top to funk things up a bit. Have fun!
❤ Kristina xo
Ps. In a beauty fix and need some advice? Or maybe you just want to chat about all things pretty? Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you’re in the mood for some eye candy, come and see what I’ve been Pinning over at www.pinterest.com/freshdiscover. Better yet – join me on Facebook for more beauty fun www.facebook.com/freshfragrances. And for a plain old good time, come and follow us on Instagram – @freshdiscoverbeauty – & Twitter@fresh_fragrances.